Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Feelings


Elluminate....sigh

It doesn't seem to matter how many times I participate in Elluminate sessions I don't feel comfortable. I like the look of Elluminate and I like listening, but I am definitely not comfortable with the medium. I think I spend too much time waiting my turn. If I feel uncomfortable, how many others feel even worse than I do myself?

Probably the best aspects of these feelings is that I am out of my comfort zone. I am challenging myself; my norms. I probably should get used to this feeling.

As a learner I should recognize this feeling in others, teachers and students alike. I'm comfortable in a classroom and I'm comfortable with technology. What are those students and teachers doing when they are feeling uncomfortable.

How am I responding/reacting to their needs?

photo by: jbuc


2 comments:

Sandi Berg said...

I agree that Elluminate has its benefits but its deficits as well. I hate speaking in public and it's so easy to allow yourself to step back from the conversation in this medium.

Dynamic Learning for Dynamic Students said...

Hi John,
I enjoyed reading your post regarding Elluminate. I actually enjoy the fact that I can attend a session in the comfort of my own home. I will agree that you are probably "waiting" for your turn to speak as your team mates are all females (therefore you will never get in a word unless you jump right in - ha,ha).