Friday, October 1, 2010

What have I signed up for?

Homework...

Wow...

Cool!

I'm not completely sure what I've gotten myself into. I have a feeling it may be a joyride I haven't taken since I started this often forgotten blog. It was Christmas 2008 started my journey in networked learning. At the time I was filled with excitement and energy from the blogs I was reading which is what I'm similarly feeling once again.

During this time I've tried to share my enthusiasm with this type of experience. It has not been an easy sell. Twitter is undoubtedly my favourite network learning tool. As I reflect on why I continue to love Twitter, I also think about the 346 people I have chosen to follow. (emphasis on I)

This is MY network. It reflects what I have found compelling. I guess if I were to hold up a mirror it would be a reflection of me. I also wonder why I have chosen to follow who I follow? Many of the people don't have a clue who I am, but in their own way they have had an impact on me. Because I get to choose who I follow and which blogs I read the challenge continues to be to network with people I disagree or am challenged by.

This probably encapsulates the reasons I look forward to PLP. I don't know what to expect. I don't know the challenges I'll face and I don't know the people I'll face.

photo courtesy: adebⓞnd

1 comment:

Sandi Berg said...

Looking forward to working with you as part of the PLP. I certainly agree with you that when I signed up, I really had no idea what I signed up for. In fact, still don't.